One of Sydney’s leading upscale 5-star hotels is currently seeking a proactive Business Development Manager to focus on the MICE and corporate segments.
Working with a highly respected global brand, this is an exceptional career path opportunity for someone aspiring to climb the ladder in hotel sales & marketing.
- Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, you will be responsible for the development of new and existing client accounts within the MICE and corporate markets
- Proactively seek out new business through phone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections, networking events, e-marketing, and other client engagement methods
- Plan and execute sales trips to major market areas and trades shows
- Working with all departments, maximise upselling and cross selling opportunities for the entire hotel and sister properties
- Maintain weekly and monthly revenue forecasts and sales reports
- You possess prior sales experience in a hotel, MICE or business tourism environment
- You are quite possibly a current BDE / Sales Executive seeking a step up or a current BDM seeking to align yourself with a premium brand and new hotel product
- Experience within the MICE market and/or corporate clients is highly advantageous
- You must be able to display how you would research new client opportunities and take proactive steps to build awareness, initiate relationships and ultimately, win business
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and high standards of personal presentation
- Driven, motivated and outgoing
- Fluent English – verbal and written
Salary & benefits:
- Up to $75,000 p.a. plus super.
- International hotel discounts, dry cleaning and subsidised meals
- Excellent career path opportunity for aspiring DOS/DOSM
- Highly respected 5-star hotel brand with newly constructed facilities
. . . . .
THE MONDAY GROUP are defining a new generation of people-centric recruitment, HR & talent engagement solutions for the events, hospitality & leisure industries.
With locations in Sydney and Melbourne, we are a team of modern recruiters who value relationships and possess deep industry networks.
Harnessing savvy talent sourcing techniques, we place mid to senior level professionals into a broad range of career and leadership positions.
Beyond recruitment, we provide businesses with a range of bespoke HR & business consulting services which assist our clients engage their employees and retain top talent.