The role of Sous Chef will support the hotel’s talented Head Chef with overseeing the hotel’s gastropub, rooftop bar, in room dining as well as occasional cocktail functions and catered events.
In this role you will have the opportunity to progress to Head Chef in 6-12 months
- As Sous Chef you will support the Head Chef with running a 7-day operation
- Supervise and lead a small kitchen team of up to 3 staff in absence of the Head Chef
- With a focus on high-quality fresh ingredients, most menu items are made inhouse
- Ensure high standards of quality and consistency of all food leaving the pass
- Support the head chef with food ordering, stock control, and managing food and labour costs
- Maintain a clean, safe and hygienic kitchen environment
- Liaise with front of house team to ensure smooth and efficient service to all guests
- Previous experience as a Sous Chef within a premium casual restaurant or quality gastropub
- Ability to work across a 7-day operation up to 45 hours per week
- Open to learning new skills and refined cooking techniques
- A strong desire to produce high-quality food and homemade menu items
- Happy to work as part of a small kitchen team and sometimes on your own
- $70,000 plus super
- Attractive company benefits including discounts at affiliated hotels and restaurants
- Close to all major public transport links
- Work for one of Sydney’s best boutique hotels
- Progress to Head Chef in 6-12 months
- Fun and vibrant team culture
This unique career opportunity is advertised exclusively by THE MONDAY GROUP on behalf of its client.
. . .
THE MONDAY GROUP is a specialist recruitment agency and executive search firm for the events, experiential marketing, hotel & hospitality industries.
Working with clients Australia wide: including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, as well as Asia Pacific, we are a team of modern recruiters who value relationships and possess deep industry networks.
Harnessing savvy recruitment sourcing techniques, as well as cutting edge recruitment technology, we specialise in placing mid to senior-level professionals in Event Management, Experiential Marketing, Hotel Management and Executive Hospitality Management roles.