We are currently seeking an experienced Sous Chef (Senior) with a passion for Italian cooking to join the leadership team of this modern Italian restaurant in Sydney's Eastern suburbs. A star in the local dining scene, the restaurant continually receives outstanding reviews from top restaurant critics.
- Working closely with the owner, you will be responsible for delivering a modern Italian menu with a focus on high quality, fresh seasonal ingredients
- Play an active role in leading, training and motivating the team
- Menu development, maintaining food and labour costs within budget
- Occasional catering for private functions and offsite events
- The role has the potential to develop into a Head Chef position in next 6-12 months
- You are currently a Sous or Senior Sous Chef with the desire to become Head Chef in the next 6-12 months
- Experience with Italian cuisine highly advantageous
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced kitchen
- Committed to maintaining high standards of organisation and attention to detail
- Experienced in training and mentoring junior kitchen staff
- Career-focussed professional seeking to lead your own kitchen
Salary & benefits:
- $75-85K pkg
- Work in a new, modern and stylish restaurant environment
- Team of passionate hospitality professionals
- Grow into head chef position in 6-12 months
THE MONDAY GROUP are defining a new generation of executive recruitment and talent solutions for the events, hospitality & leisure industries.
Working with clients across Australia and internationally, we are a team of modern recruiters who value relationships and possess deep industry networks.
Harnessing savvy talent sourcing techniques, we place mid to senior level professionals into a broad range of career and leadership positions.
Beyond recruitment, we provide businesses with a range of bespoke HR & business consulting services which assist our clients engage their employees and retain top talent.