This award-winning gastropub in Sydney’s eastern suburbs is seeking an Operations Manager to support the General Manager with the overall business operations including 2 bars, sophisticated dining room, outdoor bistro and occasional events and catered functions.
Role could suit existing Operations Manager or capable bar/venue manager seeking their next career step.
- Assisting the General Manager, you will lead FOH operations to ensure the venue achieves revenue and operational targets whilst maintaining high standards of customer service and a positive team culture.
- Stock management, wastage controls, ordering, coordinate deliveries and manage supplier relationships.
- Take a proactive role in developing team through organising product training and supplier hosted educational activities.
- Support the Restaurant Manager and Bar Manager with managing, rostering and developing the wider team.
- In conjunction with the General Manager and owner, review and set the venue’s service standards, ensuring that the level of customer service is consistent and exceeds guest expectations.
- The venue is part of a small, independently owned hospitality management group with a long-standing reputation for running successful pub venues – no top-heavy management structure here!
- Previous experience in an upmarket, busy multi-outlet pub or bar venue.
- Proven ability in leading teams, effective delegation of duties and contribution to creating a positive workplace culture.
- Flexible to work across 7-day roster including, nights and weekends – rotate with GM.
- Strong beverage product knowledge, bar service skills and effective cost control strategies.
- Experience with supplier management, stocktake, ordering and wastage control.
- A sound knowledge of liquor and gaming licensing laws, proven RSA management within a busy venue.
- Confident and effective communication skills to manage intoxicated patrons, security staff, wider team and licensing police.
- Motivated, forward-thinking and confident.
Salary & benefits:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Work in stylish surrounds focussed on premium products
- Expand your leadership and management experience with a highly respected, independently owned management group
THE MONDAY GROUP are defining a new generation of people-centric recruitment, HR & talent engagement solutions for the events, hospitality & leisure industries.
With locations in Sydney and Melbourne, we are a team of modern recruiters who value relationships and possess deep industry networks, globally.
Harnessing savvy talent sourcing techniques, we place mid to senior level professionals into a broad range of career and leadership positions.
Beyond recruitment, we provide businesses with a range of bespoke HR & talent engagement solutions which enable our clients to attract, engage and retain top talent.