We are looking for an experienced and strategic National Event Manager for a full-time fixed term contract until Feb 2023. As part of the Operations Team, this role is pivotal in managing and executing a wide variety of internal & external events for the Foundation.
- Reporting to the Head of HR and the Operations Director this is a hands-on role running a small event team, producing mission-aligned internal and external events of varying complexity and for varying levels of stakeholders
- Turnkey event production within a new venue/precinct – working with contracted suppliers
- Strategic Event planning and development of the Foundation’s Annual Event Calendar and Event Budget (including managing the internal event application process)
- Hands on event production across a wide array of different event formats
- Develop the annual internal and director event budget plan and ensuring accurate reconciliation of all event budgets are maintained
- Oversight of all digital and printed event collateral, ensuring it adheres to brand guidelines
- Quarterly events and venue updates submitted for Board Reporting.
- Implementation of new venue processes and ongoing evaluation
- Managing events staff and distributing detailed event briefs for execution
- You will have a minimum 10 years of event experience and tertiary education in event management is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in taking a strategic role in high-impact events – not just executing them
- You will have successfully managed an events team/staff previously
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop relationships with diverse key stakeholders (internal and external)
- You will be a self-starter, able to take initiative as well as see through projects to completion- executing with excellence
- A team player determined to translate ideas into actions and seek concrete results.
- Good problem-solving skills and an excellent multi-tasker
- Resilience to handle a fast-paced working environment
- Event Agency, University/Government and venue background is ideal
Salary & benefits:
- $120-130 annual salary plus super (fixed term contract until Feb 2023)
- Potential for contract extension
- Vibrant team culture and dedicated work environment
- Rewarding work that brings about social change
THE MONDAY GROUP is a specialist recruitment agency and executive search firm for the events, experiential marketing, hotel & hospitality industries.
Working with clients Australia wide, we are a team of modern recruiters who value relationships and possess deep industry networks.
Harnessing savvy recruitment sourcing techniques and cutting-edge recruitment technology, we specialise in placing mid to senior-level professionals in Event Management, Experiential Marketing, Hotel Management and Executive Hospitality Management roles.