- Reporting to the F&B Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of managing, ordering, storing and serving wine
- Develop detailed product knowledge in order to guide your guests and fellow colleagues through an extensive wine list of over 600 wines from Australia and overseas
- With a passion for first-rate customer service, you will maintain wine service for a wide range of clientele during all service periods
- As well as assisting guests with food and wine pairings, provide selection advice for premium spirits & liqueurs, utilising honest upselling techniques where appropriate
- As a team player, you will assist with general restaurant duties and food service tasks as required
- You have worked for a minimum of 2-3 years in a premium restaurant, five-star hotel, wine bar or similar environment, serving wine
- Ideally, you have existing WSET or similar Sommelier qualifications, or on your way to gaining these
- With a developed knowledge of Australian and old-world classic styles of wine, you are confident when communicating details to guests
- A detailed knowledge of premium spirits, liqueurs and beers
- A current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
- Professional restaurant skills including 3 plate carrying, discreet clearing, plate stacking & tray carrying
- You are self-motivated, work well in a team and have an excellent attention to detail
- Competitive salary plus tips
- Relocation assistance for interstate candidates
- Attractive career prospects with a highly respected hospitality group
- Meals on duty, uniform expenses, generous employee discounts & benefits
- Take your wine career to the next level working with one of the best lists in the country (three glass rating Gourmet Traveller Food Awards!)
. . . . .
THE MONDAY GROUP are defining a new generation of executive recruitment and talent solutions for the events, hospitality & leisure industries.
With consultants in Sydney and Melbourne, we are a team of modern recruiters who value relationships and possess deep industry networks.
Harnessing savvy talent sourcing techniques, we place mid to senior level professionals into a broad range of career and leadership positions.
Beyond recruitment, we provide businesses with a range of bespoke HR & business consulting services which assist our clients engage their employees and retain top talent.