- In collaboration with the Owner and your Sous Chef, you will be responsible for developing high quality modern Australian menus for breakfast, bar, casual dining, groups and events.
- Lead and motivate a kitchen team of approximately 12-15 chefs
- Menu design & costing, food ordering & stock control, COGS and wage cost controls
- Recruitment and performance management
- HACCP systems management
- Ensuring consistent quality of all food items leaving the pass
- Maximise opportunities to increase revenue and collaborate with local businesses and events
- Build strong relationships with your suppliers
- Previously held a leadership role in a busy, high-quality restaurant
- Provide a focus on quality fresh local produce and made from scratch items
- Creative and innovative approach to menu design
- A positive and respectful leadership style
- Willing to collaborate with your team to achieve results
- Well-developed palate and exposure to high quality modern Australian cuisine
- You will have a personal desire to succeed and genuine passion for what you do
- Ability to work across a 7-day operation
- Strong business acumen and ability to manage food and labour costs
- $90-100K plus super and profit share
- Work with high-quality fresh produce in a beautiful setting
- Live and work by the beach in the magical Byron Bay region!
. . . . .THE MONDAY GROUP are defining a new generation of executive and senior level recruitment, HR & talent engagement solutions for the events, hospitality & leisure industries.
With consultants in Sydney and Melbourne, we are a team of modern recruiters who value relationships and possess deep industry networks.
Harnessing savvy talent sourcing techniques, we place mid to senior level professionals into a broad range of career and leadership positions.
Beyond recruitment, we provide businesses with a range of bespoke HR & business consulting services which assist our clients engage their employees and retain top talent.