Our client is now looking for a collaborative Head Chef to instil a positive workplace culture and lift the venue’s food offering to the next level.
In collaboration with the Group Executive Chef and your Sous Chefs, you will be responsible for maintaining high quality food menus appropriate for breakfast, bar, bistro, groups and events. You will also require the ability to lead and motivate a kitchen team of approximately 25+ staff. Key performance areas include;
- Team leadership – take care of your people, lead and motivate them in a positive fashion so they will want to work hard
- Menu design & costing
- Food ordering & stock control
- HACCP systems management
- Recruitment and performance management
- Managing food and labour costs to set targets
- Ensuring consistent quality of all food items
- Maximise opportunities to increase revenue
- Previously held a leadership role in a busy, high-volume restaurant or gastropub environment
- Provide a fresh and innovative approach to menu design
- A positive and respectful leadership style
- Willing to collaborate with your team to achieve results
- Well-developed palate and exposure to high quality modern Australian cuisine
- You will have a personal desire to succeed and genuine passion for what you do
- Ability to work across a 7-day operation
- Strong business acumen and ability to manage food and labour costs
- $90-100K plus super
- Companywide discounts and benefits
- Career opportunity with a successful hospitality group
- Strong back office support – HR, finance, marketing etc.
. . . . .
THE MONDAY GROUP are defining a new generation of executive recruitment, HR & talent engagement solutions for the events, hospitality & leisure industries.
With consultants in Sydney and Melbourne, we are a team of modern recruiters who value relationships and possess deep industry networks.
Harnessing savvy talent sourcing techniques, we place mid to senior level professionals into a broad range of career and leadership positions.
Beyond recruitment, we provide businesses with a range of bespoke HR & business consulting services which assist our clients to engage their employees and retain top talent.