- As a self-motivated and experienced team leader, you will ensure the venue achieves revenue and operational targets whilst maintaining high standards of customer service and a positive team culture.
- Strong knowledge of P&L across food, beverage and gaming.
- In conjunction with your management team, review and set the venue’s service standards, ensuring that the level of customer service is consistent and exceeds guest expectations.
- Support the Operations Manager, Restaurant Manager and Bar Manager with managing, rostering and developing the wider team.
- Strategic input with marketing team around special events and promotions.
- Oversee stock management, wastage controls, ordering, deliveries and manage key supplier relationships.
- The venue is part of a small, independently owned hospitality management group with a long-standing reputation for running successful pub venues.
- Reporting directly to owner, make quick decisions without the need to circumnavigate top-heavy management structure.
- Previous experience as a GM / Licensee in a mid-sized pub venue with a focus on quality food and beverage.
- Proven ability in leading teams, effective delegation of duties and contribution to creating a positive workplace culture.
- Flexible to work across 7-day roster including, nights and weekends – rotate with Ops Manager.
- Strong beverage product knowledge, bar service skills and effective cost control strategies.
- Experience with venue marketing, events management, gaming machines, supplier management, stocktake, ordering and wastage control.
- Strong knowledge of liquor and gaming licensing laws, proven RSA management within a busy venue.
- Confident and effective communication skills to manage intoxicated patrons, security staff, wider team and licensing police.
- Motivated, forward-thinking and confident.
Salary & benefits:
Attractive salary package plus super. & benefits.
Join a highly respected, independently owned management group
Not a late-night venue – 12am closes
. . . . .
THE MONDAY GROUP are defining a new generation of people-centric recruitment, HR & talent engagement solutions for the events, hospitality & leisure industries.
With locations in Sydney and Melbourne, we are a team of modern recruiters who value relationships and possess deep global industry networks.
Harnessing savvy talent sourcing techniques, we place mid to senior level professionals into a broad range of career and leadership positions.
Beyond recruitment, we provide businesses with a range of bespoke HR & business consulting services which assist our clients engage their employees and retain top talent.