Harnessing original retro design features, this stylish hotel property is popular with tourists and locals who enjoy its refined restaurant, cocktail bar, pool bar and in-room dining menus. The hotel also hosts corporate events and private functions.
The owner, a highly experienced hospitality professional, is now planning a redesign of the kitchen operation to increase efficiencies and capabilities of the F&B department.
- Collaborate with the owner to develop high quality seasonal menus for refined restaurant dining, cocktail bar, IRD, breakfast, groups and events
- Lead and motivate a kitchen team of approximately 10 chefs and kitchenhands
- Menu design & costing, food ordering & stock control, COGS and wage cost controls
- Influence kitchen design and implement systems and efficiencies
- Recruitment and team performance management
- Food safety and kitchen management
- Ensure consistent high standards of all food items leaving the pass
- Maximise opportunities to increase revenue and collaborate with local businesses, community and events
- Build strong relationships with your suppliers
- Previously held an Executive/Head Chef role in a busy, multifaceted kitchen operation
- Provide a focus on quality fresh produce and made from scratch items
- Creative and innovative approach to menu design
- A positive and respectful leadership style
- Exposure to cooking high-quality modern Australian and international cuisine
- Ability to work across a 7-day operation
- Strong business acumen with ability to manage food and labour costs
- $100-120K plus super (dep on exp)
- Work with high-quality fresh produce
- Work with professional management team and owners
- Enjoy a lower cost of living in a thriving country town
THE MONDAY GROUP is a specialist recruitment agency and executive search firm for the events, experiential marketing, hotel & hospitality industries.
Working with clients Australia wide: including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, as well as Asia Pacific, we are a team of modern recruiters who value relationships and possess deep industry networks.
Harnessing savvy recruitment sourcing techniques, as well as cutting edge recruitment technology, we specialise in placing mid to senior-level professionals in Event Management, Experiential Marketing, Hotel Management and Executive Hospitality Management roles.