**MELBOURNE or SYDNEY based role**
Our client is a leading events and exhibitions company responsible for delivering some of the most well-attended events and exhibitions in their industry sector.
With the return of live events across Australia, New Zealand, United States and soon, Europe, we are now seeking an experienced Sponsorship Sales Manager to sell sponsorship and exhibition packages to a range of global and national companies with interest in the sector.
- Reporting to the Global Sales Director, you will support the management, leadership and mentoring of 2 sales executives
- You’ll lead sales strategies to promote and sell a mix of sponsorship opportunities ranging from exhibition space and thought leadership packages to round tables and brand activations – live and virtual
- Traditional sponsorship packages are combined with digital activations, bespoke packages, and other creative offers of value you can introduce
- Regular travel will be on the cards both domestically and internationally once it is deemed safe to do so (post-covid)
- Continuously research and generate new leads for sponsors
- Proactively target new business through cold calling, networking, referrals, client meetings etc.
- Maintain relationships and drive growth from existing/past sponsors
- A natural relationship builder with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar sales/BD role
- Knowledge and experience in the events industry
- Ability to work autonomously, use initiative and take a creative approach to developing brand partnerships
- A proactive attitude with a passion for sales, relationship management and events
- Previous success working to ambitious sales and revenue targets
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
Salary & benefits:
- Attractive base salary up to $90K plus super.
- Highly rewarding comms - $120-150K++ OTE
- Career opportunity with a fast-growing company with global presence
- Melbourne or Sydney based
- Fun and energetic work culture
- Regular travel all expenses paid
This job is advertised exclusively by THE MONDAY GROUP on behalf of its client.
THE MONDAY GROUP is a specialist recruitment agency and executive search firm for the events, experiential marketing, hotel & hospitality industries.
Working with clients Australia wide: including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, as well as Asia Pacific, we are a team of modern recruiters who value relationships and possess deep industry networks.
Harnessing savvy recruitment sourcing techniques, as well as cutting edge recruitment technology, we specialise in placing mid to senior-level professionals in Event Management, Experiential Marketing, Hotel Management and Executive Hospitality Management roles.