This iconic winery situated in Victoria's stunning Yarra Valley is now seeking a dynamic senior hospitality professional to lead its team and oversee the consistent delivery of exceptional visitor experiences in the role of General Manager of the estate's hospitality operations.
- Reporting to the Estate Director, you will oversee the hospitality operations of the winery, responsible for the commercial performance of the cellar door, restaurant, wine club and retail offerings
- Develop ways to improve the overall customer and employee experience across this large, multi-faceted operation
- Lead, motivate and mentor 5 direct reports and a wider team of up to 35 staff during peak periods
- Implement appropriate policy and procedural changes to improve and grow the business
- In conjunction with senior management and finance teams, forecast and report on profit & loss across multiple revenue streams – cellar door, wine club, restaurant, and retail
- Oversee the management and promotion of special events and promotional offers
- Working with the head chef, build on food and beverage revenue opportunities
- Foster positive and highly valued relationships with local community and tourism operators
- Please note, while an interest in wine is certainly an advantage, this role is separate from the company's wine production activities
- Proven track record as a senior Hospitality Manager with premium quality hospitality businesses
- Experience with successfully operating a high traffic, multi-faceted venue
- Proven success driving revenue and profits across multiple revenue streams
- The ability to manage, motivate and develop staff across all levels of the business
- A high level of commercial and financial acumen
- Project management capabilities and all-around IT/technical skills relevant to a modern and innovative hospitality business
- A strong knowledge of marketing and promotions in a multi-faceted setting
- Ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders, third-party businesses and the local community
Salary & benefits:
- Attractive six-figure base salary plus super.
- KPI incentive bonuses
- Strong back office support – HR, finance, marketing etc.
- Represent a premium brand and high-grade facilities in stunning surrounds
- Daytime operation only
THE MONDAY GROUP are defining a new generation of executive recruitment, HR & talent engagement solutions for the events, hospitality & leisure industries.
With consultants in Sydney and Melbourne, we are a team of modern recruiters who value relationships and possess deep industry networks.
Harnessing savvy talent sourcing techniques, we place mid to senior level professionals into a broad range of career and leadership positions.
Beyond recruitment, we provide businesses with a range of bespoke HR & business consulting services which assist our clients to engage their employees and retain top talent.